This summer, students must read at least one book from the list below and complete one of the tasks for that book. When your child returns, he/she will also be required to take the correlating Accelerated Reader (AR) tests.
Book Title Author
Benny's Pennies Pat Brisson
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type Doreen Cronin
Leo the Late Bloomer Robert Kraus
Nate the Great and the Pillowcase Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
Old Black Fly Jim Aylesworth
Choose one project from below to complete on your chosen book.
1. Draw a picture of your favorite page. Explain why this is your favorite page in 1-2 sentences.
2. Draw a map of the book's setting. Explain the setting in 2-3 sentencess below the picures.
3. Make a picture timeline of all the events in the book.
4. Draw a portrait of the main character and write a one sentence summary to accompany your sketch.
5. Using a shoe box, create a diorama (three dimensional scenes which includes models of people, buildings, plants, and animals) of an important scene in the book.
Note to parents: These projects can be easily created using lined paper, construction paper, and/or at-home recyclable items. Feel free to be creative!